Ever wonder what the difference is between a water lily and a lotus flower? They are very similar indeed. However, the most striking difference between the two is this: The leaves and flowers of lotus are emergent, meaning that they rise above the water level whereas the leaves and flowers of water lily are found floating on the water surface. In addition, the lotus bears fruits – nut like and delicious, but has far less nectar. In exchange for missing fruits, the water lily has a daily high volume of the sweetest nectar.
Archive for February, 2010
1) Boil them at a slow boil for about 12 minutes with about 2 inches of water above the eggs.
2) When you put the water in, throw a teaspoon of baking soda in…it reduces adhering and lowers the pH.
3) Let them cool, throw some ice in.
4) Tap each end on a hard surface and take the shells of the ends.
5) Hold the egg to your mouth with one hand and BLOW! The egg with fly right through the shell, catching it with your other hand. IT WORKS! Crazy huh? Give it a try! Good luck…
I would love to share with you this beautiful and inspiring song:
So last night, being snowed in and all, I decided to make yogurt for the first time, (with the help of my boyfriends mother.) IT IS UNBELIEVABLY EASY! Holy cow! lol
So here’s what we did…
1) We poured about a half gallon of milk into a double boiler and heated it up to almost boiling.
2) We took it off the heat and let it cool for 30 minutes.
3) We mixed in a couple of tablespoons of yogurt (already made).
4) Let it sit for 7 hours at 110 degrees
5) We ate and it was gooooooooood!
Personally, I like this a lot with maple syrup or honey and fruit mixed in…yummmm! Full of probiotics and so delicious! Make sure to save a couple of tablespoons of the yogurt you make to use for making your next batch…and keep it going!