• Muscles consist of 75% water
• The brain consists of 90% water
• Blood consists of 83% water
• Bone consists of 22% water
That is why it is of no surprise that we need water, not only to live but to function normally at our daily activities.
Water lubricates and protects our joints, regulates our body temperature, transports nutrients and oxygen to our cells, protects our vital organs such as the heart and lungs, and aids in digestion and detoxification.
Without adequate amounts of water one can experience the following symptoms:
• Dry Skin
• Muscle cramps
• Attention deficit
• Irregular blood pressure
Top Seven Reasons for Drinking Water:
1. Youthful Looking Skin- water contributes to better skin elasticity. It helps to moisturize the skin, as well as aids in the formation of new skin cells. All of these elements help to improve the overall appearance and youthfulness of our skin.
2. Better Productivity at Work- water helps you think faster and concentrate more on a given subject. It has been proven that the proper amount of fluids in the body help the neurotransmitters in the brain and spinal cord to function more efficiently.
3. Loss Weight- water promotes weight loss by flushing down fat bi-products once they are broken down metabolically. Water also aids in metabolism. In addition, water helps to reduce hunger urges.
4. Less Muscle Damage- water keeps the joints and muscles lubricated so the likely hood of getting sprains and cramps are lower.
5. Relieves Fatigue- when water levels are low the heart and other organs have to work twice as hard to perform their normal functions, due to the lack of water to help facility the transfer of nutrients to our heart and lungs. Therefore, our body becomes fatigue as a result of the demand for more energy to perform its normal duties.
6. Natural Remedy for Headaches- dehydration is one of the main causes of headaches. So drinking more water helps to prevent headaches caused by dehydration.
7. Aids in Digestion and Constipation- Fiber and water works together to facilitate digestion. By drinking water food by-products are pushed throughout the system easier.